COOL IT at School
Teachers & Students
Plan to make 'COOL IT' part of Earth Day and every day.
Singing this song can be a fun way to engage students on the all-important issue of Global Warming. Perfect for your school choir.
Feel free to download and share with other schools, friends and colleagues.
Suggested Curriculum Support Activities:
After playing the "Cool It" song for your students, have them think about the message that Raffi is sending. This song provides an excellent starting point for teaching your students about climate change.
- Reducing automobile use by walking, biking, or taking public transit
- Planting trees and caring for green spaces
- Purchasing locally produced food or growing your own food
- Eating low on the food chain—reducing or eliminating meat
- Reducing landfill waste by composting kitchen waste and recycling
- Reducing home heating and energy use by: turning computers and lights off when not in use; changing to energy efficient bulbs
Share your great ideas with others!
Ask your students to:
- Create a drawing, painting, sculpture, or collage
- Write a song, poem or rap
- Design a catchy advertisement encouraging others to do their part
- Write a newspaper article on the hot topic of climate change
- Or write a letter to Mother Earth about how they will do their part to "Cool It"
We'd Like to Hear From You
Let us know how you and your students used "Cool It" to promote Climate Change awareness at your school.